Friday, August 15, 2008

The Beginning of the Mitered Blanket

When I finished the Pink & Green Elephant, I started making these squares. I visited the Going-Out-of-Business Sale for FiberWorks Knitting & Weaving in Toledo, OH, and picked up quite a few skeins of yarn to get me started. I plan on this blanket taking me quite a while to knit because I plan on doing other projects at the same time.

Here is the yarn (all in DK weight) I'm using so far:
Debbie Bliss Cathay (Cotton, Viscose Microfiber & Silk)- gold
Debbie Bliss Cathay - white
Louet Gems (Merino Wool) - Fern Green
Karabella Margrite (Merino & Cashmere) - Deep Berry Red
Berroco Comfort DK (Nylon & Acrylic) - Turquoise
Classic Elite Wool Bam Boo (Wool & Bamboo) - Forest Green

I've found a mitered square blanket that was designed in sets of 3, and I'm thinking of using that configuration, instead of the set of 4, like I have in the picture. Once I've knitted enough squares, I'll lay them out and show you a picture of what I mean.

Let me know what colors you can envision me adding.

No comments:

Post a Comment