Friday, April 2, 2010

Quote of the Day

The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary.  
~Mary Kurtz

If you saw my house, you'd know just how much this is true.  My goal in housekeeping tends to be more about relaxed chaos while still clean enough that no one gets sick.  I just find housework so boring and I seem to be only able to do it when there's nothing to wear or the sink is piled too high.  I can get a bit done if I have a good book on tape.  I think I gave up on housework when my son was born.  He just seems to undo everything I do about 5 minutes after I do it.  I figure that once he moves out (in 15 or so years), the house will just stay clean.  Needlework, on the other hand, stays done a lot longer.


P.S. - Happy Easter or Passover, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment