Monday, May 12, 2008

Precious Picot Dress

I have been working on a spring dress for G. It is in a variegated yarn of pinks and purples. I have finished the front and back, and seamed them together. I finished both of the sleeve pieces, and I attached one. I had G try it on, and the sleeve doesn't fit her right. I took the sleeve off, and I will end up leaving it sleeveless while I work on the skirt. I think the skirt is going to go fast because the pattern calls for picking up stitches and knitting in the round. I love to knit it the round. It is great knitting for watching movies. Some can even do it while they read a book although I'm still working on that particular skill.

I'm not sure what I am going to do about the sleeves. I may just shorten them, but if that doesn't work, I may crochet or knit them in a lace or eyelet stitch. I am concerned that the sleeves are too heavy and eyelet would help to be lighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment